Alabama Education Chat Community
Topic: Silos vs Collaboration
When: Monday, February 16, 9-10pmCST
Use this time converter to convert 9pmCST to your local time.
What are organizational silos? From the Compact Oxford English Dictionary Online, “A system, process, department, etc. that operates in isolation from others.”
Here are some questions to get you thinking. Actual questions will be posted during the live chat.
- Would you describe your school or school system as one full of silos or one that is collaborative?
- Is it important to break down the silos in an organization? Why or why not?
- What keeps us from breaking down silos?
- Instead of teachers "going to their classrooms and shutting their doors," how do we deprivatize practices in order to encourage growth?
- What's your role in reducing or enforcing a silo mentality in your organization?
Everyone is welcome to join us Monday nights 9-10pmCST for #ALedchat. We value the insights, perspectives, and experiences of those in our PLN.