Here are five questions for reflection, which may prompt you to initiate changes at your school or district or perhaps celebrate what you are doing in your school or district. I would love to hear from you in the comments.
1. Could a student go through 12 years of school and not receive a positive phone call to the home?
2. Could a student miss 3 or 4 days in your school or district without anyone, other than the attendance clerk (or automated caller), contacting the home to find out how the school might help?
3. Could a parent be treated rudely by the secretary when entering the school's office?
4. What kind of plan does your school have to make sure a child new to the district or school gets off to a good start?
5. What kind of plan does your school or district have to make sure a new teacher gets off to a good start?
Did these questions cause you to reflect on your school's practices?
What other questions could be added?