We're kicking off 2016 with our first global twitter chat of the year! There have been a flurry of resolutions, goal-setting, one word and three words for 2016 that have been shared in blog posts and on social media over the last two weeks.
We understand the importance of setting ourselves up for success in order to make sure that we reach our goals for the year, and we want you to join us tonight and share your insights, experiences, and perspectives on this topic.
**Here’s a time converter to assist all of you around the globe in converting 9pm CST to your local time.
Here are questions to get you thinking in advance:
- The first obstacle you face on the path to success is often the hardest to overcome. What is your plan for when you meet that first obstacle?
- Success comes from targeted action on a regular basis. What new/continuing habits or routines do you have planned for 2016?
- How does/should failure fit into our plan for success in 2016? What is your plan for recovery from failure in 2016?
- How will you use technology to make your life easier/more successful in 2016? Will it play a role in setting yourself up for success?
- What are you giving up in 2016 that has to happen in order for you to reach your goals? What will you do to insure that you stick with giving it up?
- What resources (people included) do you have to help you be successful? What resources do you need?
- How will you monitor your progress during 2016? Share plans for frequency, method, accountability, etc.
- How will you know when you have reached your goal, and how will you celebrate your success?
What: Global Twitter Chat
Topic: Setting Yourself up for Success in 2016
TIP: If you have never done a twitter chat before, you may find it helpful to go to tweetchat.com and enter the hashtag #ALedchat. Sign in with your twitter account. The website will "filter out" all of the other tweets except for the ones with the hashtag #ALedchat. The website will automatically add #ALedchat to your tweets, and you will see a scrolling list of tweets from the chat on the page. (P.S. The hashtags are NOT case-sensitive.)
BONUS for readers of
The Compelled Educator blog:
Everyone is welcome. I hope you will all join us Monday night for #ALedchat.
**Update: Click HERE for the archive of the chat.